Due to a change in State law, effective July 1, 2022, IHSS and WPCS providers will be required to receive their paycheck by direct deposit.

What is Direct Deposit?

Direct deposit is the way you will receive your IHSS/WPCS paycheck. With direct deposit your IHSS/WPCS paycheck is deposited directly into your checking or savings account, or onto a pay card of your choice, instead of being mailed to you through the U.S. Post Office. A pay card is a reloadable card you can use for direct deposit and to make purchases and withdrawals.

What does this mean for you as a provider?

If you haven’t already, you will need to sign up for direct deposit for each recipient you provide IHSS/WPCS services for. To sign up you will need a checking or savings account or pay card where your IHSS/WPCS wages can be deposited. If you do not have a checking or savings account you can use a reloadable pay card of your choice for direct deposit. Providers should work directly with pay card companies to be sure of their cost of use and other fees companies may charge before signing up for a pay card The California Department of Social Services (CDSS) does not charge any fees for direct deposit and you will continue to receive a paper remittance advice (pay stub) in the mail.

CDSS has contracted with five pay card companies to provide pay card services for IHSS providers. The following listing shows each pay card company and their contact information. If these options don’t work for you, you may contact your local IHSS provider union which may be able to assist you in finding another pay card option.

AAAA Paycard International: (626) 390-5066, www.AAAAPCI.com

First Data Government Solutions Money Network Card: www.Providerpaycard.com

SmartGiving Card provided by Locker 81 Fundraising Solutions LLC: (833) 542-5811, www.SmartGivingCard.com

smiONE Card: (866) 674-9628, www.smionecard.com/circle/ca

US Bank Focus Card: www.CAIHSS.usbank.com

Signing up for Direct Deposit

The fastest and easiest way to sign-up for direct deposit is by going to the landing page of your IHSS Electronic Services Portal (ESP) account. Select the Financial tab, select Direct Deposit, then select Direct Deposit Entry.

If you are not using the ESP to enroll, you must complete and return the enclosed Direct Deposit Enrollment/Change/Cancellation Form (SOC 829) and mail it to the address provided on the form. Please note that a separate enrollment form must be completed for each recipient for whom you provide IHSS services.

You can also access this form on the CDSS website: IHSS / WPCS provider direct deposit enrollment/ change/cancellation form

You may call the IHSS Service Desk at (866) 376-7066 and ask for a form be sent to you in the mail.

You will need to have your bank account information, including your bank routing and account number for your checking or savings account to sign up for direct deposit. If you choose to use a pay card, you will need to sign up for your pay card first before signing up for direct deposit and will need your routing and account number information ready. For assistance in finding your routing and account number please contact your bank or pay card provider.

Note: If your recipient pays you directly (Advance Pay), you do not need to sign up for direct deposit. However, providers should still sign up for direct deposit to receive their payments for Overtime, Travel Claim and Sick Leave electronically.

Additional Information on Direct Deposit:

All direct deposit forms are processed at a central location. Please do not call your county office, as they will not be able to help you with the direct deposit enrollment process.

If you need assistance completing your direct deposit form you may contact the IHSS Service Desk. When you call, you must have your provider number and your bank or pay card routing and account numbers for the IHSS Service Desk to assist you with completing your form. The IHSS Service Desk can be reached at (866) 376-7066. Business Hours are: 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday (excluding major holidays).

You can also access the Direct Deposit page on the Department of Social Services’ website for more information.