Paycheck Customer Service

You must request that taxes be withheld by completing a W-4 Form and submitting it to your Social Worker. The state will determine your eligibility to have taxes withheld ONLY after you make the request. Even if you do NOT have taxes withheld, you will still have to pay and file taxes at the end of the year on your IHSS wages. Providers must be active in the payroll system for 90 days or more.

This is an automatic deduction for you if your quarterly wages are over $750, UNLESS you are a child, parent or spouse of the recipient you work for.
If you are a child, parent or spouse of the recipient you work for, you MUST request participation in the SDI program by completing an Elective SDI Coverage form and submitting it to your Social Worker.
Call the EDD at 800-480-3287 for more information.

If you are over 18 and NOT providing care for your child or spouse this is an automatic deduction for wages you earn over $1500 a year to have access to Social Security and Medicare, if you become totally disabled or retire after the age of 62. Contact the Social Security office at 800-772-1213 for more information.

COPE is an Education Political Action Fund. Contact SEIU for more information at (877) 698-5829

You will pay a premium of $60 per month automatically deducted from your paycheck but will not have deductions for Dental. You will also be required to pay co-payments for many of the services you receive. For more information, please contact The Health Care Employees/Employer Dental and Medical Trust (888) 838-5370

For more information on your dental coverage please contact SEIU at (877) 698-5829.

The dues are calculated according to the hours you work. If you have specific questions regarding how the dues are applied, contact SEIU (877) 698-5829.